Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Playlist

I haven't broadcasted since August and fully intended to get back to it the very next week after my vacation, but have been dealing with a lot of other things that needed my "urgent" attention. So here's what I was going to talk about today, had I had the time to do a show.

I have many clients who appear to have minimal awareness of their surroundings. However, I believe that they are aware when things change, like the seasons, and I like to use music to help communicate that change to them. So each season, I try to come up with some songs that reflect that time of year. I encourage parents to play and sing them so that they can reinforce the concept.

I also like to use music for myself that reflects the seasons or my mood. I have a playlist for Rain, Moon, Halloween, and Fall that I listen to during Autumn.

Here are the songs I use in my playlists for myself and for my clients:

  • Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Spooky by Classics IV
  • Shine On Harvest Moon (I like the version sung by Rosemary Clooney)
  • Paper Moon (sung by Ella Fitzgerald)
  • Moondance by Van Morrison
  • By the Light of the Silvery Moon (Doris Day version)
  • Moonlight Bay (Doris Day version)
  • For Baby (For Bobbie) by John Denver
  • Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Blue Moon sung by Ella Fitzgerald
  • California Dreamin' by The Mamas and The Papas
  • Fly Me to the Moon sung by Frank Sinatra
  • Thriller by Michael Jackson
  • Ghostbusters theme song
  • Abracadabra by Steve Miller and the Band
  • Soul Man from the Blues Brothers
  • Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
  • Stayin' Alive from that John Travolta movie
  • Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice Cooper

And of course I listen to the Autumn movements from Vivaldi's The Four Seasons.

Gives a little variety from Monster Mash...

What are your favorite fall songs?

I'll broadcast next week. In the meantime, listen to one of the archived shows!

No comments: