I have many clients who appear to have minimal awareness of their surroundings. However, I believe that they are aware when things change, like the seasons, and I like to use music to help communicate that change to them. So each season, I try to come up with some songs that reflect that time of year. I encourage parents to play and sing them so that they can reinforce the concept.
I also like to use music for myself that reflects the seasons or my mood. I have a playlist for Rain, Moon, Halloween, and Fall that I listen to during Autumn.
Here are the songs I use in my playlists for myself and for my clients:
- Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Spooky by Classics IV
- Shine On Harvest Moon (I like the version sung by Rosemary Clooney)
- Paper Moon (sung by Ella Fitzgerald)
- Moondance by Van Morrison
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon (Doris Day version)
- Moonlight Bay (Doris Day version)
- For Baby (For Bobbie) by John Denver
- Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Blue Moon sung by Ella Fitzgerald
- California Dreamin' by The Mamas and The Papas
- Fly Me to the Moon sung by Frank Sinatra
- Thriller by Michael Jackson
- Ghostbusters theme song
- Abracadabra by Steve Miller and the Band
- Soul Man from the Blues Brothers
- Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
- Stayin' Alive from that John Travolta movie
- Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice Cooper
And of course I listen to the Autumn movements from Vivaldi's The Four Seasons.
Gives a little variety from Monster Mash...
What are your favorite fall songs?
I'll broadcast next week. In the meantime, listen to one of the archived shows!